Local EventsView all
- No listings found which match your selection.
Get Busy Livin'
Best of Things to doView all
- While the iconic film “Dirty Dancing” is undergoing a greatly anticipated remake, the annual Dirty Dancing Festival in Lake Lure, N.C. is also experiencing an exciting reinvention as it enters its seventh year this August 19-20. Several scenes from the original movie were filmed in Lake Lure including the staff …Read More
- Next week, May 16th – The bathrooms, a section of the parking lot and possibly, the boat launch at Washburn Marina, will be unavailable due to the replacement of sewer lines in that area. Additional public bathrooms are available at the Welcome Center next door. A second boat launch is …Read More
- Located in western North Carolina, the Town of Rutherfordton is introducing four new trails just in time for spring strolls and family outings. The four trails include the Gold Mile, Historic Downtown Walking Tour, Kid’s Main Street Safari and Purple Martin Greenway. The public is invited to attend a ribbon …Read More
- Originally by Jason Urroz, May 9th, 2016 The Town of Rutherfordton in North Carolina has been home to numerous historic events since it was founded in 1787. On Thursday, May 5th, another historic event was added to the list. The town celebrated the grand opening of three new trail …Read More
- After an extensive search process, the Board of Directors of the Lake Lure Classical Academy is delighted to announce the appointment of Thomas G. Keever as the school’s new Executive Director. The Executive Director will be instrumental by providing the instructional, operational, and administrative leadership necessary to ensure the success of the …Read More
- In one weekend, celebrate “Dirty Dancing,” competitive sports, and cool cars in the North Carolina mountains August is festival season in Lake Lure & the Blue Ridge Foothills, and with three iconic events on the same weekend, and choosing might be tough. But, why choose? Do all three! Here is …Read More
- by Clint Calhoun, Meanderings and Ponderings of Clint CalhounAs I rose from a good night’s sleep on the morning of June 11, I was strangely anxious. All the arrangements had been made and everything seemed to be in order. Perhaps it was more a feeling of anticipation than anxiety. Sore …Read More
- Lake Lure Classical Academy (LLCA-CFA) will hold an Open House on Wed., April 15, 2015 from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Open House will include tours, class observations and grade level presentations. Lake Lure Classical Academy, a K-12 tuition-free North Carolina public charter school, is currently located at 2520 Memorial …Read More
- Flyover view of the new Lake Lure Classical Academy site taken 2-12-15. The permanent school construction project at Island Creek Road is progressing very nicely, due to good weather (during grading process), good planning, and a top-notch group of professionals making it all happen.Read More
- Alright, students. There comes a time in everybody’s school year that we must take some major tests. Midterms cover all that we learned over the past few months in school, and for many students, it is extremely stressful to take the mid-year exams. Thus, we can all take a few …Read More
- Friday, December 19th was a fun and exciting day for many Lake Lure Classical Academy students! With Mrs. Long’s planning, and aid from many other staff members and school families, WinterFest was created!Read More
- Lake Lure Classical Academy’s first ever homecoming came to life with the crowning of Queen Skyler Martinez, and her court of Sarah Scholls, Skyler Allen, and Morgan Plumley. These lovely ladies showed great character, and were voted on by the high school to represent the characteristics of honor, kindness, generosity, …Read More